Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Snapshots of Laos


DSCN2265
Originally uploaded by luangprabangtuktuk.
Well, for now, as my brain is a bit fuzzy from lack of sleep and hours spent in boats and the back of a truck, indulge me in just a few snapshots in prose until tomorrow when I'll take some time and actually post some pics and tell some stories. But for now, some indelible images i was unable to photograph:

kids this morning in a rural village throwing roosters at each other

wrinkled old man, all bones, on the side of the side of the road, leaning on a stick. a former monk, the pali sutras tatooed all over his body rise and fall over his convoluted skin.

thatched roof over a billiards table in a tiny hill village.

ten-year-old girl, impervious to bargaining, managing our guesthouse while her mom is out all night.

crowds spellbound by petanque in the dusky twilight on the banks of the mekong.

lastly, this sign, written by someone with either an immensely profound sense of irony if not by someone with none at all.

more tomorrow after some good Lao coffee.

Comments:
images I was able to photograph:
stein asleep during bonnaroo, stein getting beat up by a girl
I got some cool pics from bonnaroo, if I figure out how to post then online I will sent u the url. Would you happen to know lou and tiffs address so I can send them copies. Oh yeah, I got copies for you too.
Everything is good here, the lizards say hi. By the way, what are their names??? and how do I know which is which. I think there are two males and one female. Oh No..
l8r z
 
the male with the long tail is jumpy. that's the only one i know. flickr.com is pretty easy. even i figured it out pretty quikly. what girl beat me up? (or which one do you know about? tiffany doesn't count.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?