Saturday, November 03, 2007

 

Fall Colors


I don't know why October's a bad month for writing blog entries -- it seems I had the same problem last year. Maybe it's when the initial excitement of the new semester has worn off so that work distracts from personal endeavors. For whatever reason, walking to the bus yesterday morning, I turned a corner and, through the polarized lenses of my sunglasses, the bougainvillea, a monolith in royal fuschia, broke my month-long hiatus from writing. I've been missing the autumn colors of the temporal zone, which is natural, yet strange given the riot of color I'm surrounded by. If azaleas are fiery, these bougainvilleas are the equivalent of gazing into an open kiln. The hibiscus and poinciana next to my stoop are brilliant with their reds, oranges, and yellows. I guess I can deal with missing two years of fall colors.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?